Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fashion show day #2

Well, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do today as no one is around to take pictures for me! However, after a little engineering thinking, I was able to prop up the camera and take some self photos on the timer (those are the best things!).

So, today I am wearing some rather interesting things...

Floral T-Shirt- hand me down from some friends
Brown tiered skirt- Thrift store
Shoes- my adorable brown clogs
Hair- French braid tuck.


So, my skirt is actually a dress.. You know those dress that are sleeve-less and they have that weird elastic thingy that forms the bodice?  Well, when Mom and I were shopping at the thrift store, I saw this cute brown skirt peeking out from between some skirts. So, I pulled it out and said, "Oh, isn't this cute? My, the waistband is really weird!"  Dear Mother looked at it and said, "Honey, that is one of those dresses, not a skirt."  We laughed, and I bought it any way because we decided we could just cut off the bodice, leaving a little bit for waistband, and it would be just fine. So, that is my interesting clothes! lol!

My hair is done in a French braid tuck again.  My hair was 2 feet long a couple weeks ago.  Now it is 7 inches shorter.  I had gotten a layer a while back, but as it started to grow, the dead and split ends became a nuisance.  So, I asked Mom to just cut off my hair up to where she could get ALL of the dead ends (meaning she would have to chop off a bunch to get to that layer.)  So, she did.  AT first it was rather shocking, but I have gotten used to it and have to say I like it a lot.  It feels a LOT healthier now.  So, I will have to post pictures sometime so you can see the differences. :-)  Any how, unfortunately I can't do much with my hair now.  French braids, tucks, and wearing it down are about it.  However, I am going to try to be very creative this week and see what I can come up with. :-)  As you can see in the picture, some of my hair is already falling out... :-/

After tucking my hair, I secured it with a pony tail holder, and then put a beautiful EZ clip over the holder to hide it.

My adorable clogs. I am simply in love with them!! I got them from Maryland Square.  An online shoe company.  I have big feet (10 1/2 wide to size 11!!) but I also have to have at least a leather upper, if not all leather in my shoe because my feet are allergic to man made materials..  So, shoe shopping is rather difficult!  Especially in New Mexico. Our state is mostly homeland to Hispanics, which isn't a bad thing at all.  However, they tend to have small feet, and so the shoe companies do an average of people's feet.  Well, big footers like me our out of luck there! lol   So, Maryland Square has become my favorite shoe shop.  They have large sizes and really adorable shoes!!  These are perfect for get togethers, church, and especially Square dancing! The little rope detailing is just prefect. :-)
Also, Addie suggested that I sew something cute and fun for myself while I was home alone. So, tomorrow I will post pictures of what I did!!

See everyone tomorrow!

In Christ Alone,
Sarah

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit,Sarah!
That's funny about the dress- I've picked up things like that several times before thinking it was a cute skirt!! LOL!

Your hair looks lovely up! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your "new 'do". =)

Love,
Samantha

Johanna said...

YOU HAVE EZ COMBS!!!! YAY!!! I do too! Aren't they jut fabulous?!

Lauren said...

I've cut the tops of of those dresses to makes skirts before too! It actually works surprisingly well... And they are so comfortable!

~Lauren

Fiddlin Girl said...

Lauren, that is funny! I just posted a comment on your blog and came here to find one from you! lol!!

Samantha, thanks! Yeah, I do like my hair up.. but am missing my long hair! lol

Johanna, yes they are great! However, I have to only use it as decor because otherwise it does not hold all my hair, even half up.. so, but I still love them!

In Christ Alone,
Sarah

Brittany said...

Very cute! I am in the process of making a BEAUTIFUL strapless dress into a skirt right now. ;-) Maybe I'll get it done this week and post pictures. I love your clogs!!

Jessica said...

Hi,
Very nice!
I love your hair, the clip is so pretty and sparkly.
I've always wanted to buy one of those stretchy dresses and wear them as a skirt... maybe I will! I always have trouble telling whether it's a dress or a skirt.

In Christ,
Jessica.

PS: I just found your blog through the modest fashion show... and I'm following your blog... :)

Fiddlin Girl said...

Brittany,

Even if you don't get it finished this week, you should still post pictures!! :)

Jessica, thanks for following!
I hope you enjoyed looking around. :)

In Christ Alone,
Sarah

Ellie said...

Yay!! Despite not having anyone to take your pictures, they came out marvelous!! And they are not even blurry!! You look gorgeous!! Love ya tons!

Michaela said...

I should move to NM then, because I have tiny feet, and its very hard for me to find shoes (I live in Ohio. ;) ) I'm so glad I found your blog! Wonderful, cute post. :D

Fiddlin Girl said...

Micaela,

Thanks for stopping by!!

Ok, that or else we will just send each other shoes. ;) lol!!

I hope you keep stopping by!!

Sarah