After doing a week of wearing skirts for the Feelin' Feminine challenge, we get to do a review. So, here are the questions and my answers.
How was the experience for you?
Lots of fun. I wear skirts all the time, usually. Unfortunately, I haven't quite learned how to work cattle in a skirt.. riding a horse is fairly easy (if you have a full skirt), but I haven't figured out how to hop over cattle chute, fences, etc while still being modest in a skirt! However, I really enjoyed the challenge.
Any particular stories?
Well, we didn't see any one during this challenge, but I have had a couple people ask me why I wear modest clothing/skirts, which gives me an opportunity to witness to them and tell them why it is important to help our Brothers in Christ to keep their hearts pure. Did wearing skirts rather than pants affect the way you felt?
Yes, absolutely. I felt very lady-like and feminine. Just the way I should feel!
The way you felt about yourself?
I respected myself more by feeling like a lady and worth something. I felt more gentle spirited and feminine in my daily role as a young woman.
The way you acted?
I am not the most graceful person around, but I hopefully acted more feminine and not so boy-ish or "Miss Muscle" that can do anything. :-)
The way you carried yourself?
I tried to carry myself with grace and pride in who I was. I am a Princess of God! I should act like one.
Were you able to go about everyday activity as freely as pants?
Absolutely, except for working the cows. Thankfully, we aren't in cattle working season yet! In fact, I don't even notice a whole lot of difference in moving about my daily activities whether I am in pants or a skirts. In freedom, I mean. I feel just as "free" in a skirt as in a pair of pants -more so, actually!
How did people respond?
My brothers are more apt to open the door, carry things for me, help me into the car, etc, when I am in a skirt.
Were you more respected?
Yes, I think so. Once I went to a store in a pair of pants. The bagger at the checkout didn't even offer to carry out the groceries. Then, a couple days later, I was at the same store this time wearing a skirt. The bagger not only offered to take out my bags, but also called me "ma'am".
Did you feel more like a lady?
Oh yes!!!
After the challenge do you desire to keep wearing skirts more regularly, or were you desperate to wear pants again?"
Oh, I will keep on wearing my skirts! I had before and will continue after! I love embracing this God given femininity. Pants don't help me to do that, so skirts are the answer. I love them.
In Christ Alone,
Sarah
Meet Me in Montenegro (2015)
10 years ago
3 comments:
Good thoughts!
That was great to read, Sarah!
I know that I defiently need to try wearing skirts more often- it is really hard for me to find ones that fit, so I guess I should get sewing more. =)
I totally agree with you about being treated diffrently! Many times where I have been wearing skirts people will comment on how nice it looks and things like that.
And I defiently "feel" diffrent when I wear skirts, too.
Have a great day!
Samantha
Dear friend,
Thank you so much for your wonderful testimony.
I enjoyed the challenge as well. :)
Hannah Elise...
Post a Comment