I found a challenge on another blog and thought I would join in. The challenge is "Self Control". This young lady does monthly challenges and asks readers to join in on the "fun". ;-) I decided to join this month and see how it goes. For this first week, it is a modesty challenge. Wear modest skirts and shirts/blouses. So, here is my first day outfit. As I already wear skirts all the time, it won't be too difficult. However, I am thinking that her other weeks might be a bit challenging. So, prayers are appreciated as I do this challenge. If you would like to join in on the fun, you can check it out HERE.
I am afraid the pictures aren't that great.. Self photos don't go so well with me... ;-) lol!
What I am wearing:
Pink short sleeve blouse -Walmart
Blue moleskin skirt- handmade by dear Mama
No shoes... ;-) =D
Hair- simple twist bun. Fun and stylish, but VERY easy to do
So, on an "Easter" note, I thought I would share some of our conversation that Mom, Becca, and I had on the way home (the boys were in another vehicle).
We had been visiting about the church service for a while when, after a slight lull in the conversation, Mom spoke up.
"Have you ever thought about the words to the song, 'Were you there?'?"
If you have never heard the song, one of the verses goes like this:
"Where you there when they Crucified my Lord? Were you there when they Crucified my Lord? 'Cause sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble. Were you there when they Crucified my Lord?"
Although I have sung and heard if several times, I have never really thought about the words. It was an interesting thought. What was the song writers's point that he/she was trying to get across? When Becca and I didn't answer, Mom filled us in.
"We were there. When He was dying on the cross, we were there. He was dying for us, for our sins. We were on His mind as He selflessly gave up His life for us."
I have to say, that is a most intriquing thought. I had never thought of it like that, but I am so glad she did. Now, any time I sing that song, I will know what it means -or, at least what it means to me.
I hope we can all continue to praise the Lord everyday for His death and ressurection instead of just on Easter.
God bless!
In Christ alone!
Sarah
2 comments:
Sounds like an interesting challenge! I like your outfit! That shade of pink is one of my favorites!
Thanks Atlanta! Yeah, it should be pretty fun. We will see how well I do on it, though... ;)
I really love that blouse. I have only had it a few days, but love it already. I think it will rank among my favorites. :)
S
Post a Comment