Friday, May 21, 2010

Lovely fall..

No, this isn't about the season.. it is the real fall. When you lose your balance and topple to the floor.  When you think you are going to make it over that jump, but miss and splat on your face.  Well, my story is slightly different from those, but still considered a fall.

Rebecca and I are over at my grandparents house helping them clean up the place.  A realtor is coming to take pictures to put on a site so they can hopefully sell the place.  It is absolutely beautiful up here! I wish I could buy it.  The only problem is that it is two hours from where we live right now.  2 hours from family, friends, etc.  It is a fun thought, but not one that I am ready to actually put into action.  Not to mention that I don't have enough money for it any how! lol

My Daddy actually helped to build this house.  It has an interesting setup. The doors are the ones that slide into the wall (which is extremely handy sometimes) instead of opening. This is nice because furniture moving isn't too much trouble since the door is never in the way!

The second thing is that the house is raised.  Now, this may not be a weird thing, and it isn't.  However, it is the reason the house is raised that is weird.  The reason is that you have to heat the whole of the under the house in order for it to heat the house.  So, you simply heat up underneath the house, and then the heat will slowly come out of the vents/grates, just like any other house.

So, here is my story, now that I have laid my foundation.  I was helping my Papa move his big, comfy recliner.  As we were moving along, my shoe accidentally caught the vent's edge and pulled the vent off.  Normally this wouldn't have been a problem.  Simply put it back.  However, I didn't know that I had done it.  So, we kept walking.  WOOSH! I stepped in the hole.  Now, remember, this isn't a little vent where the duct is 5 inches down.  No, it goes all the way to the ground (remember how I explained how it was heated?)  So, if you step in that hole, you are going to break a leg.

Thankfully, I didn't break my leg, though I thought I might have!  I fell down, and the recliner fell on top of me.  This may seem bad, but it actually probably saved me from breaking my leg.  When the chair fell on top of me, it forced my back against the fall and prevented me from falling any further down the hole.  Remember this is only one leg down the hole.  Papa pushed the chair off of me and I was able to get up with only a scratch.. a BIG scratch, but that was it.  Praise the Lord!!

So, I am a little sore today.  The funny thing is that the cut leg doesn't hurt too much (unless I strain and pull the skin when moving), but my other leg does.  I think I might have pulled a muscle or something when I fell..  Ever worked your legs really hard?  You know how if you sit down, your upper leg is really stiff and sore?  Well, that is how it feels.  However, I am just thankful I am not in a cast!

Here is a picture:






So, that is our excitment for the week! lol!  (BTW, yes my toe is sticking out of my sock in pic 2... unfortunately I cannot keep my socks unholy... lol!)  We got a lot done, and it looks very nice (not that it didn't before.).  We did a lot of staging (dressing up an decorating) in the house.  We set the dining room table very nicely, and then put some nice little things around the house.  Papa and a man who works for him are repainting the decks and balcony.  It will be very nice for the Friday Photo shoot.

I would also like to ask for prayers on our ranch.  We had some people stop by the other day (when we girls were gone!) to look at the place.  They seemed fairly interested, so please just keep this in your prayers.  Momma was home alone with the boys that day.  They received the call and all scrambled to get the house really picked up.  She said the boys really hopped in and helped.  It was wonderful!  Thank you Josh and Caleb for your diligence and maturity in helping Momma clean the house!! :-) Also, the lady, Jean, that we had been praying for before is finally coming on tomorrow or Sunday. Hurray! So, just keep that in your prayers, thanks!

In Christ Alone,
Sarah who is thankfully NOT with a wooden leg, or a broken one! lol

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Ohhhhh Sarah!! That looks absoultley dreadful. Ughg, you poor thing! Ha, I love your unholy socks!! Same here, and everyone always gets upset that you can't keep your toes in! :) Love ya, and can't wait to see you tonight!

Fiddlin Girl said...

I KNEW I would have a comment from you!! lol!! Yeah, wait till you see it tonight. it is worse in real life than pics... lol!

See ya real soon! Love you, Liz

Frannie said...

Hello Sarah! I am so glad you didn't break anything! The whole thing sounds pretty scary ...with the recliner falling right on top of you! I will pray for your ranch. Are you all trying to sell a ranch and your grandparents are selling something different? Blessings friend!
Frannie

Fiddlin Girl said...

Frannie, thanks!! Me too.. I was really worried I had broken my leg in that one second time frame of a thought, lol..

Well, my grandparents are selling their ranch up there, and we are selling part of ours down here. Grandma had a lady coming to take pictures today, but we have had a few people look at it. However, if we don't sell it soon (our place) we will have to sell the WHOLE ranch, instead of being able to keep it.....

You loving friend and Sister in Christ,
Sarah

Johanna said...

*sucking my breath in with my teeth clossed* That really looks like it hurt! Hope you are well soon!