I am afraid that I haven't been very faithful in keeping up with this blog party.. The problem being that our internet hasn't been working, thus no blog. :-(
Today was day five of the party. We are supposed to share a recipe for Summer.. I am going to share two. :-)
These are our favorite "salads" for summer. They are great side dishes for just about any meal, and are just so good!! =D
First up, our favorite Crunchy Coleslaw Salad!
Crunchy Coleslaw
11/2 recipes Dressing:
1 1/2 ¾ cup peanut or sesame oil
2/3 1/3 cup sugar
4 2 flavor packets from the Ramen noodles (chicken or oriental)
2 1 Tblsp. Vinegar (any flavor)
Mix this well and set aside.
Slaw:
1 pound package of cabbage slaw mix (this is great when you’re in a hurry – but I’ve also just chopped up my own cabbage – red and green – to make about a pound)
1 cup nuts toasted (sunflower, almonds, pecans, walnuts, whatever you like)
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2-3 ounce packages chicken or oriental Ramen noodles
2-3 cooked, chopped chicken breasts for a heartier salad (if I do this, I use less cabbage or make 1 ½ recipes of the dressing)
Break up the Ramen noodles and set aside. Mix the cabbage, nuts, onions, chicken (if desired), and dressing together until well coated. This is best when you do it several hours ahead of time and let the flavors soak in. About 10 minutes before serving add the Ramen noodles and stir in well. This salad is great even 2-3 days later, but after that the noodles start wilting (but it’s still yummy!!)
My second recipe is Grape Salad. This one is really easy to make. Just have to remember to get your cream cheese set out for softening a couple hours before (or the night before!)
Grape Salad
4 pounds seedless grapes
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, room temp. softened
1 8-oz. package sour cream
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 ounces chopped pecans
2 Tblsp. Brown sugar
Wash and dry grapes.
In a large bowl, work cream cheese until smooth then mix in sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Add grapes and mix until evenly incorporated. Sprinkle top with brown sugar and pecans. Refrigerate until serving.
*If doing a larger recipe, layer the grape salad, brown sugar and pecans and repeat.
So, there you go! Enjoy some yummy, fresh, and fun salads this Summer!
In Christ Alone,
Sarah
Meet Me in Montenegro (2015)
10 years ago
1 comment:
Love the grape salad! Yum Yum.
I'm going to try your crunchy salad and I will think of you as I eat it! Miss you!
The Gaggle
Post a Comment