Can you believe it is already October? Wasn't it just spring?
Things are going well at the Heckendorns. We are getting prepped for shipping yearlings out, and weaning, tattoing and weighing the calves. The cows are looking good, too. The grass has been wonderful and they are slicked off.
It is thundering and raining!! There is nothing like a rainy day to make you want to curl up with your family all around. We are all looking forward to winter with fires, cocoa, and cozy family time. Did I say I have a cat in my lap? Cats are such good lap warmers….especially when they are purring. I think a couple of us have sleeping cats on our laps. (It is raining outside so we felt sorry for them.)
We are all done with harvesting at the Schwebachs. It was such a blessing while we had it; but we are all glad to be done. It makes for some long days. Now it is getting ready to work cows.
Our family is looking forward to the end of October. The guys are going to go hunting and the girls are staying home and sewing, quilting, watching movies, eating foods the boys don’t like.... The guys are taking some little bulls to Tucumcari to the bull test there. They will stay with my grandparents and hunt deer on their ranch.
These are pictures I took at the Market of some pumpkins. Doesn't the first one look like an old man?
Blessings!
Rebecca
6 comments:
yeah! I'm glad to get an update on yalls doings - glad yall are well!
Miss you guys!! We were doing an LotR photo shoot today - and I was just thinking how we need to make a sequel to our video!
--Atlanta
Thanks for posting!!! I love the picture...I just love little calves! (and cows, too =D)
Post more soon!
Much love to y'all!
In Jesus,
Martha Joy
Very nice pics Becca!!! Wasn't the rain wonderful yesterday?!?☺ It is finally getting to be a little like fall!!☺ yeah, can't wait! Love you!
Love your photos, Rebecca!
Your sister in Christ,
Liz Darcy
I was just wondering when I will get my prize from your giveaway, I'm very excited for it to arrive!! ;)
-Megan
Megan,
So sorry!!!! I have gotten kind of busy and haven't gotten around to it.. sorry about that!! We just started back to school, so it is always hectic.. Also, because you won Samantha's prize, I am going to just let her ship them from her place instead of taking the time to ship it to me, then ship it to you. :) I just have to get you address to her. I will get to that ASAP!!! :)
Love,
Sarah
Post a Comment