Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Newcomer!

Hello All!

I have a friend who is raising Labrador Retriever pups and selling them and making quite a profit. After listening to that I came up with a plan of action and am myself going into the lab pup business! I bought the last female from my friend on Sunday. My little pup is a golden color and is doing well. We are calling her "Daisy", but her registered name will probably be different as you want Mom and Dad's name in their name to show her pedigree. Lady and Tramp aren't just accepting her as I hoped. We think they want to make sure that they are still loved and the "older...whatever they think they are, ones". Tramp is getting older and probably is not enjoying the enthusiasm of Daisy, but he seems to accept her as long as she leaves his aching joints alone. She loves to follow him when we take her outside. :) Lady is a little more jealous as this is a new girl, and she has been the only one so far. In a few weeks, it will feel like we have always had Daisy, and we will wonder what life was like without her. For now, Mom and I aren't getting much sleep with her barking to go out then you have to be with her till she goes to sleep. Oh, well. That will pass, too.
Caleb is enjoying playing with the puppy and vice-versa. I love it too as I have a tired puppy at the end of the day, and she does so much better going to sleep and sleeping when she is worn out! Dad asked me the other night if I felt like I had a baby. I thought about it and thought of the differences. Then, I thought of when Daisy and I were both tired, and she looked at me, crawled on my lap and fell asleep with her head under my arm. What can beat that feeling, whether it is animal or baby. I thought of how often we fall asleep in God when life is easy, yet we should be putting our heads under his arm so we can't see when life is hard. So I prayed and just enjoyed the quiet of the early morning as by the time I was really ready to fall asleep she was ready to go out again!!
Love,
Rebecca
The pictures aren't great- it is hard to catch a good picture of a playful puppy!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is adorable. Good luck with your venture! Love, Aunt Evie

Anonymous said...

How cute can you get?

Next comes potty training...oh boy!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! Aren't puppies just irresistable?
Isn't it funny how many different ways God chooses to speak to us and teach us? Enjoy your bundle of joy, my dear friend!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures turned out nice, Becca! At least you didn't get me!! ;)
Love you!
S

Marissa said...

Rebecca! I love the pictures. So cute! I am so eager to get a new puppy. I'm not sure exactly when that will be though. I've thought about waiting for a puppy from the breeder we got Sally from but then at times I'm not so sure I want to wait that long....then again, as you say, puppies are a lot of work and I can't exactly add that energy on to my already swamped schedule. I hope you enjoy her. I cannot wait to see her in a few days!!! Oh, and you too. ;)
~love and hugs,
><>Rissie<><

Anonymous said...

All I can say is AWWWWWWW!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she looks cute, but after one time of letting her sleep on the bed (my bed no less) she wants to sleep on it all the time! Just like "Lady and the Tramp"!! ;)
Sarah

Anonymous said...

what an adorable DOGGIE!!!!! WHENS CHURCH AT YOUR HOUSE!!!???? IF ITS WHILE WERE ON THE CRUISE ILL ME SOME UPSET!!! But he's adorable becca, (or she lol) just remember how bad this is when you want to have 8 more... :)
Love, Rhetta

Anonymous said...

HEY RHETTA!!!! :)
Yeah, I can't imagine how it will be with more puppies! I got up with Daisy last night (or rather, early this morning) and today I was a bit groggy! So, I offer to help when she has more, but the more I thought, the more I am regreting the offer!! Just kidding!! :) Lol Becca!
Thanks for commenting and church is at our house this Sunday! We took it because Mr. Boehm had some problems, so keep him in your prayers! (it was supposed to be at their house)
Love~Sarah