I hope all of you had a Blessed Christmas as you focused on the gift of Our Savior. I also pray for God's abundant blessings on all of you in 2007.
We ended and began the years with lots and lots of snow. More snow than I remember seeing in a long while. Here are some photos the children took. We ended up with 22" at the house and up to 4 or 5 feet in certain parts of the ranch. The cows would like to have been given B & B treatment, but we were not willing. :) Wonder why! John was able to get to the cows and feed hay as well as cubes, and he eventually got them all moved closer to the house in a smaller pasture. We were thankfully not calving, but we will begin in another week and a half. So, I am preparing the bathtub for cold calves if this weather continues throughout the next few months. If we do have a calf in the tub this year, I promise to post the pictures. Ahhhh, the life of a rancher's wife. If only I'd known..........I'd still have married that wonderful, handsome fella!!!
We ended and began the years with lots and lots of snow. More snow than I remember seeing in a long while. Here are some photos the children took. We ended up with 22" at the house and up to 4 or 5 feet in certain parts of the ranch. The cows would like to have been given B & B treatment, but we were not willing. :) Wonder why! John was able to get to the cows and feed hay as well as cubes, and he eventually got them all moved closer to the house in a smaller pasture. We were thankfully not calving, but we will begin in another week and a half. So, I am preparing the bathtub for cold calves if this weather continues throughout the next few months. If we do have a calf in the tub this year, I promise to post the pictures. Ahhhh, the life of a rancher's wife. If only I'd known..........I'd still have married that wonderful, handsome fella!!!
5 comments:
Cathy,
Glad to see you posted again. We had neat snow curls like those comming off our roof as well. What fun this snow has been. Glad to know all the cows are ok. We'll see you all when the snow melts (and the roads dry!).
Hugs all around.
Linda
Linda,
I noticed from Caity's blog that you have a blog as well. When are you going to post????
Oh the snow looks wonderful. It has been so long since I have been out in any snow. Enjoy it and the moisture you get from it.
Wow! Amazing. I have been thinking of you all as I read news stories about livestock getting hay dropped from helicopters. I'm glad to hear that things are well with you and you all seem to be managing. You didn't lose any of your cattle did you?
Enjoy the fun aspects of the snow. I am jealously looking at your pictures. Our dusting of snow in Nov. was nothing compared to this!
We are trying to enjoy it. Today Sarah, Joshua, Caleb, Jonathan, and Emily went out and built forts with square plastic tubs, and the snow formed the shapes perfectly. Naturally, they are thrilled to have acres and acres of snow to utilize and not have to be limited to one yard! We are also going sledding on Sunday with some friends on one of our really nice little "mountains". John spent all day unsuccessfully trying to buy some more sleds in Albq. Every place he went and asked about the sleds he was laughed at. Wonder why????
Post a Comment