The most important post that should have been made a week ago is a huge big I LOVE YOU to my dear hubby of 20 years!!! Hard to believe he's put up with me all these years, but he has and deserves a medal. I wish I could tell you they have been 20 years of bliss, but some of you would know that was a lie. I will say that we received a gift from our children that made those years of working through difficulties worth it. Our children gave us a piece of paper. This piece of paper was a Marriage renewal that John and I signed as well as "the four witnesses that know us better than anyone else" - our children. They also shared with us how much they appreciate our working on our relationship and giving them a home where they know they are loved. WOW!! Again, there were tears everywhere - including John (mine were a given). I can honestly say that after 20 years, I would still go back and marry him all over again - struggles and all, and I look forward to the next 20, 30, 40 and beyond years of marriage!!
I love you, John, and I dedicate this song to you!!
IF I HAD TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN
We’re not as young as we used to be
But baby I don’t mind
'Cause growing old with you is gonna be
Full of life and good times.
And if I had it to do all over again I’d do it with you
I wouldn't want to miss a thing that we’ve been through
Baby nothing can compare with the good love that we’ve shared
And if I had to do it all over again I’d do it with you.
Looking back on life I can’t complain
It ain’t been easy but don’t you know
We still had sunshine even when it rained
And we’ve shared a love few have known.
And if I had it to do all over again I’d do it with you
I wouldn't want to miss a thing that we’ve been through
Baby nothing can compare with the good love that we’ve shared
And if I had to do it all over again I’d do it with you.
And if I had it to do all over again I’d do it with you
I wouldn't want to miss a thing that we’ve been through
Baby nothing can compare with the good love that we’ve shared
And if I had to do it all over again I’d do it with you...
Meet Me in Montenegro (2015)
10 years ago
7 comments:
I just wanted to say I love the best 2 parents in the WORLD!!
I would die for you two in a heartbeat, You guys are the most selfless, loving, and the MOST goofy people in the world!!
I love you!!
RLH
Congratulations to both of you! Aah, come on, I bet they were 20 years of bliss! lol But you have both hung in there and worked your way thru it! I applaude the both of you! Aunt Evie
Thank you, RLH, and I think it's easy to parent 4 wonderful children. I love you all.
Aunt Evie, truly there were more blissful years than the other. The song is corny to some, but it really does say it all. As in all things, when you struggle, usually the benefits in the end far outweigh the tough times. I can honestly say that's been true.
Happy Anniversary!
The thing we always tell our kids, Maddy specifically since she is the oldest, is that if it is easy, it is probably not worth having. I think that rings true for marriage too. The hard times make us appreciative of the good times. I wish you many, many more years together!
I agree with you there Lisa! Mike and I have been thru some hard times that you know all about, but I thank God that I have finally found someone that is willing to work thru those hard times, and I find I just love him more and more and do appreciate the time we have together. As they say, "Better late than never". I am truly blessed! I have two great daughters, 2 wonderful son-in-laws, and 5 terrific grandchildren. Mom & Aunt Evie
Yes, you are blessed indeed. I agree with Lisa as well. When you can look back over those rough years and see where you were and how far you've come.....WOW!! It just makes me love John so much more. I agree with Aunt Evie that it is wonderful to have someone willing to work through those struggles. I can also see that it was worth it when I look at that framed, signed anniversary paper our children gave us. We've always told our children we were both too stubborn to ask the other one for a divorce which is why we stayed together (lol), but this is one time I'm glad for stubborness. It was worth it not only for the two of us but those four children as well. John told me the other night if I ever leave him he's coming with me. So, I think I'll just stay here! lol
Has it really been that long? Guess it has, because Nell and I are over 20 too.
I love yuo.
Dad
Post a Comment