Yes. I am late. But in all fairness to myself, I don't WANT to post this birthday wish. Why? I am just not ready to have Sarah turn 18. It's that simple. When did I give her permission to grow into this lovely, young woman that graces my home with her smile, her laughter, and her creativity? When did I say it was OK to mature and learn to serve GOD by serving others around her? When did I give her the go ahead to defend her faith with love and compassion with those around her? When did I say that my sweet little girl could be anything but that sweet little girl?? If I did, then I'm getting awfully forgetful......
I don't suppose it matters if I ever did give her permission because she has done it anyway.
If it must happen, let me at least rejoice in all the blessings that I see in this event. 18! 18!! 18!!! How in the world did that ever happen?? It seems only yesterday that you were placed in my arms with that "stick-ed up hair" of black. Oh, how I remember you choosing your own attire as soon as you possibly could only to sneak off and change into something else. Then, listening to you give "speech" lessons to your brother when you still couldn't say those words correctly. I still smile when I think of those days.
Your hair doesn't stick up anymore, you don't change your clothes several times a day, and you can speak loudly and enunciate beautifully, but the one thing that hasn't changed is your ability to make me smile. From day one you chose to exert your own personality into our family and be who YOU wanted to be, and I am glad to see you still living comfortably in your skin - regardless of what others think.
| Performing as "Aubrey Simpson - aka, The Chicken Lady" |
| Performing as "Cinderella - aka, The Chicken Lady" |
What a treasure you are as you love people of all ages - young and old - in such a beautiful way.
| Enjoying time with friends. |
| Harvesting at the Schwebach's farm. |
I also love the way you desire to serve. Your heart is willing to help friends, neighbors, grandparents, siblings, and even your dear parents.
Always stay focused on HIM and march to the music HE places in your heart each day. I love you so very much, and I do rejoice with you as you grow one year older - even if my selfish mother heart would desire to keep you 'wittle' a bit longer.
Momma
2 comments:
Thank you, Mama!! You had tears in my eyes. :) I love you SOOO much! Thank you for letting me grow up into who I am instead of pushing me to be one thing or the other. I really appreciate yours and Daddy's willingness to raise me up in a Godly fashion, pointing me always to Him. :) I love you!!!!!!
Still your little girl with 'stick-ed up hair',
Sarah Biz Biz
Ahh! I loved all the pictures! I also loved all the "serving" she does..... :D:D
Happy, Happy Birthday, Sarah! I love you!
Post a Comment