Thursday, July 14, 2011

Turning 11!!!

Today is a wonderful day in that we are blessed to celebrate 11 years with Caleb.   What a ride it's been, and I mean that in the best way possible.


He started out on shaky ground being born 28 weeks early and weighing in at 2lb 14oz and 15 inches long......but he's more than made up for lost time.   We figure he'll outgrow all of us, and that's not some small feat (or considering the fact he wears size 11 in men's shoes, maybe I should say "small feet").


The best part of his tenacity and persistency from birth is that we are here today enjoying every bit of him.   He is happy and content 99% of the time, and if he is a little "blah", then just find some animal, place it in his lap, and you have an instant smile on that face of his.


He loves anything that moves out here - the calves, the cats, the dog, the chickens, the ducks, the rabbits, the birds, the fish, the frogs.......like I said, anything that moves.


He also loves school.   He enjoys every subject (some more than others) and especially likes sharing what he's learned.   He can entertain anyone for hours with his imagination, big expressive eyes or just sitting at the piano making up songs for your listening pleasure.   He is also great with children younger than he is.   We can't decide whether he just likes having someone to boss around or something else, but I secretly think he just likes people!!


This is school........really......

Caleb, we love you so much and are so glad that GOD has blessed us with these wonderful 11 years.   As much as I hate to see you getting older, I am enjoying every minute of it because you make it so much fun!!

Love you mostest,




Momma

5 comments:

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Happy birthday, Caleb!!! I love you tons and tons!!! I can't believe you are 11 already.... wow!

Love ya!! Sarah

PrincessR said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Caleb!! Love you lots. :D Bom

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, sweet Caleb! We miss you!

Trisha said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb! Have a great time at that wild party tonight!

Love,
The Poff Clan

Kathleen said...

Happy, happy birthday, Caleb, dear! Happy days will come to you all year. If I had one wish, then it would be...a happy, happy birthday to you from me! (There is a tune to this, but you'll have to imagine it. ;o)