Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Who said you could turn 15??

It doesn't seem to matter how much I beg and plead and promise and threaten, my dear children refuse to stay little and young.   I don't mind them getting older, but I can't say that I appreciate the fact that they are aging me.......*insert big smile here*

Joshua is no different and blessed us with another year in our family.   Sunday he decided to skip right into his 15th birthday.   I laugh as I type that word "skip" but it truly is a good word for him.   I can see him skipping through the house or the pastures - not because he particularly likes skipping, but because he knows it will get a laugh out of everyone.   He is one to bring smiles and giggles and loud guffaws out of any and all in the family, but then he's so quick to hop up and help if you need a hand.   He has grown and changed so much through the last couple of years especially.   I look around and where I used to see a little boy who didn't always like being told no or not getting his way or crying when he got hurt or whining when there was school to do has become this young man that.......well, just doesn't do any of those things anymore.   Instead, we have a young many that starts every day with a cup of coffee and reading God's Word.   When it's time for school, he gets it done as quickly as he can without any complaints.  If I only had a dollar for all the times I've yelled, "Joshua, would you......." - better yet, if I only had a dollar for all the times he's jumped up and done whatever I asked or needed.   He is so quick to offer to go outside for this or that, even in a blizzard.   He loves being a steward of the cattle and gladly bundles up to go break ice that is often 4-6 inches thick so that they have something to drink in the dead of winter.   He is also one of the first one to snuggle up with a little child that is visiting with us or playing some horse game or tickle the child or whatever to get a laugh out of them.   He can visit with anyone from 9 months to 90 years old and enjoy every minute of it.   He's thrilled to turn on a war movie or sip tea with sisters and Mom and watch Pride and Prejudice - without complaining!!   He's become such a wonderful friend as well as a great son and brother, and we are so blessed that God has allowed us to enjoy him these past 15 years.   We pray for many more to come!!!  


We LOVE yoU!
Dad, Momma, R, S, & C

9 comments:

Martha Joy said...

Happy Birthday, Josh!!! May the Father bless you in times to come!
~Martha Joy

the Ink Slinger said...

Happy 15th, Josh! Hope you had a wonderful celebration!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday, little 'big' brother!!

You are such a blessing to us! You are so selfless and do so many things around the ranch. I used to think that you would never get big enough to haul bales or feedbags by yourself and now look at you! Such a gentleman that not a woman around is allowed to carry something heavy. I absolutly LOVE that about you!!
Laughter is the best medicine, and I think you are our doctor! Giving us lots of medicine to keep us healthy. :)

I love you SOOOOO much!!!! Your big 'little' sis, Sarah

Atlanta said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday Josh!!!

What a good boy... willing ot watch Pride and Prejudice!

THE BIG SISTER said...

Happy, Happy Birthday my Favoritest Joshua in the World! You are a wonderful friend. I pray God blesses you this coming year!
Love,
Rebecca

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday Josh! You always brighten up my day! I pray that your future years are filled with the joy you bring everyone around you!!

Trisha said...

Happy, happy birthday, Joshua! The Poff Clan sends tons of hugs.

Daniella@ThisCouldBeMeToday said...

Happy Birthday, Josh!