Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Rebecca!!


Dearest Daughter,
Oh, how I love this smile because it is you - happy, relaxed, just enjoying life. You have been such a treasure to nurture and disciple these last 19 years!! I can't imagine a better child to "break me in" as a Mom. You've been very patient with me as I used you as the guinea pig, and I am very grateful for that. We love you so much just because you're you. We especially love the big heart that you have for Christ and the desire you have to serve Him in ALL of your life. You always have a welcoming smile to greet anyone that comes through our doors, and you look for ways to make them welcome - even when I'm oblivious to the world. :) You are compassionate with those around you and you always have an ear to listen to their hurts and concerns.
Continue to keep your eyes focused on Christ as you seek the path He has for you. Seek the counsel of Godly people and surround yourself with those that will sharpen you and encourage you to grow in your walk with God. And remember.....we love you.....no matter what!!!

3 comments:

Queen Mom said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Rebecca!!! Wow--19! What a pleasure it has been to watch you grow and mature in Christ. Thank you for being an example of Godly Womanhood! My daughters are watching...:)and you encourage me!

Evelyn said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca! I remember holding you when you were just about a week old. You have grown into a very loving, gracious, caring young woman. I am very proud to be your aunt. Love you!

Fiddlin Girl said...

Sorry this is late.. Happy birthday to the best sis in the whole world!! Love you tons!!!!
Sarah