I'm a little late (well, since he came early, I figure I can be a little late every now and then......). I still want to wish my handsome, young man a Happy 7th Birthday!! I can't believe it's been 7 years since we were given the biggest surprise of our lives - a baby a little over 12 weeks early! God certainly blessed us in a big way, and we are grateful that He was in control the entire time. A bit early, a wee bit small, but oh, wow, not so anymore. He is missing a tooth here and there, has lots of scratches from this cat or that kitten, a few mosquito bites from hunting tadpoles in the pond, and all the other stuff that goes with a 150% little boy. He is truly a blessing and as everyone agreed the other night, he always has a HUGE hug for anyone that needs it - which is usually Momma early in the morning. This birthday has probably been a little more melancholy as he's my baby, and I definitely am not ready to move completely out of the baby stage. However, he insists on growing up, so what choice do I have?? Actually, if I'm going to be honest, I hope he gets a job soon as it's getting harder and harder to keep him in clothes that are long enough. Good thing he doesn't care about fashion. Lucky for him, neither do the chickens and ducks. You heard me; chickens and ducks. This little guy is happiest when he's holding some kind of bird. He will be showing a Deleware hen, Black Australorp hen, and a Rouen duck at the county fair this year, and I have a feeling he'll be hauling one of those birds around the entire fair just so he can snuggle with them. He is up in the morning and ready to head to the barn just as soon as I let him. These birds have certainly been a motivator for him to finish house chores as he much prefers the barn chores. I'm just thankful he's here and so healthy, and if he wants to strengthen his immune system by loving on those birds, that's fine with me.
Meet Me in Montenegro (2015)
10 years ago
1 comment:
Cathy! You are back! You wish Joshua a belated happy birthday from the Betancourt family. I here you about feeling melancholy. I felt that way around Juliana's birthday because she will likely be our last one. Please share pictures and updates on your fowl. I'm still pining for some chickens.
Post a Comment