God continues to bless us!!! Sunday evening we received an inch of rain. I know that's not a lot for you wet weather folks, but you know what that means to NM!! John and the boys were actually out checking cows, tanks, and stalking rabbits when it began. They had made it to the barn just before it really hit hard. They didn't care, though, and the boys begged Dad to let them run around in it. He did. :):)
The girls were inside finishing up some dresses for a contest this week. I'll post pictures after the contest. They were also delayed in their sewing because they joined the boys in the rain. As the storm was subsiding, we were blessed with not one, but two full rainbows. The children were ready to load up and get that pot of gold as it was obviously right in the middle of the Mesa pasture. Dad did not consent to this hunt at 8:30 pm, so maybe next time.
Meet Me in Montenegro (2015)
10 years ago
5 comments:
That's great. I'm so happy that you guys finally got some moisture.
I visited the ABQ Journal website yesterday to see about your rain. (As a side note, the ABQ Journal is the tackiest newspaper I have seen so far. They make you pay for a subscription to read any article past the first paragraph or two! What's up with that?!?) I saw a lovely slideshow on the site (free! what give with that freebie?) and saw the flash flooding and stranded vehicles on the sides of the road. It brought back many memories of NM summer deluges. Of course, we get lots of rain here, but it is not the same at all. In NM (or probably any dry area) there is something near to miraculous about having a torrential downpour. It is more than just its cleansing power. The rain just revives everything it touches and cools things down. I miss that sometimes. We can almost feel that here in the summer when we get a shower, but it is missing that mysterious something that a NM downpour has.
I agree. I think it's the anticipation you experience as you watch those dark clouds start to thicken and slowly move in. Then, just when you think it won't do anything, it just pours. Being in an area where we can literally see for 10-15 miles, it is just awesome when you can't see past the corrals. Then, you are so right. When it's done....WOW!! It is a cleansing like nothing you can describe. I'm sure you have frogs there, and it's no big deal, but when it hasn't rained in 10 months, rains a couple of days, and then you hear the bull frog serenade at night, it is something special. As I write, we've been watching those dark bluish gray clouds rolling in from the northeast. Ahhhhhhh, what can I say......
Actually, we never hear frogs close to us. When we go out in the "wild" we hear them occasionally.
Oh, you gotta hear the frogs. To me, they are the finale to the great rainstorms around here. I can't stand to have them jump at me or to feel their squishy bodies in my hands, but I do love to hear them sing at night. I'll listen and enjoy them for you. :):)
Post a Comment